Dissertation Writing Boot Camp (12/11-15)
Space is limited to 16 participants. Therefore, we want to make sure we offer the spaces to those students
• who have completed enough of their research that they can focus on writing throughout the week,
• who can and will participate in the entirety of the Boot Camp, and
• who may need to take advantage of an opportunity like this to overcome writer's block or to overcome a writing slump.
During this Boot Camp, we hope to help students:
• make progress in the writing portion of their dissertations (includes proposals or journal articles that will later be used as dissertation chapters),
• learn how to set reasonable goals for writing ... and how to meet those goals,
• stay focused on writing and avoid other distractions (such as social media, television, other research, etc.)
During the Boot Camp, the Communication Center staff will be available for half-hour tutoring sessions, which we will use to help students overcome writing problems that are inhibiting their ability to progress. However, while we are offering tutoring, we will not be editing the students' work.
If you have any questions about the Dissertation Writing Boot Camp, please contact the Associate Director, Dr. Peter Fontaine, at email@example.com. The application is found in the button above. Students interested in the Boot Camp must return the application by 5:00 p.m. on November 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a completed hard copy off at the Communication Center, Clough 447.
Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons
266 Fourth St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30332